Log in to your Aspireship account and upload the following details to your profile:
We encourage that you put some thought and effort into these to ensure you are standing out as a strong candidate!
- Resume (ideally in PDF format) - you can sign up for a free Canva account and choose from lots of free resume templates
- LinkedIn profile URL - in many industries, Linkedin is relied on heavily, much like your resume so here are some tips to optimize your profile as a job seeker
- Headshot - grab your phone (and maybe a friend), put on a nice shirt and snap a few pictures in a well-lit area. This photo does not have to be taken by a professional but should look professional (ie, no hats, sunglasses, other people in your picture, etc.)
- Record a pitch video - this is your chance to really stand out to hiring managers. The key to an impactful and well-rounded pitch video is to personalize it for you, your strengths, and the direction you want to take for your next career move. Keep it brief (1-2 minutes)—the idea is not to go into your full career bio but rather sell yourself, your transferable skills and the qualities and characteristics that make you a good fit for the role you are targeting. It is very important to showcase your energy, personality and be engaging, as well as be your natural and authentic self - you should not be reading from a script.
- Write a short and compelling introduction - this is intended to highlight anything that will help you stand out outside of your resume. Think about what specifically you bring to the table that makes you the right candidate for the job. This can include any accomplishments in your personal or professional life, fun facts about you, favorite hobbies, special talents or anything else that showcases who you are as a person