5 Recommended Practices for Placing in the Top 10% of Aspireship Candidates
We are very transparent about our pass rate. And there’s a reason for that. For those who place in the top 10% of our SaaS Sales Foundations Aspireship, you will be admitted to our talent network.
The companies we partner with understand how rigorous, thorough and detailed our SaaS Sales Foundations training is. Your affiliation with Aspireship dramatically increases your likelihood of consideration and placement for a role compared to others in the hiring pool.
By passing the video assessments, written portion and quizzes, our hiring partners have a clear understanding of your ability to succeed within their organization.
Which is why we want to guide you towards placing in the top 10%. The results are up to you but here’s what often sets our top 10% of graduates apart.
- Detailed note taking. What we provide is not content to “memorize.” Aspireship videos, live sessions, quizzes and assessments help you learn the proven sales methodologies that thousands of experienced SaaS AE’s use everyday to exceed their goals and create a meaningful career in sales. It’s important to document what you hear from terminology to processes and more. Many of these terms and approaches will come full circle when it’s time for you to complete your role play assessment. Use your notes to elaborate on many of the concepts you have learned when engaging with your prospect in the role play projects and written assessments.
- Speaking of that, your tone and energy are everything. Whether this is simulated or not, you want to show up exactly as you would in a real sales scenario. Use vocal inflection, watch your posture, eye contact on video and even energy levels. Keep your interactions upbeat but succinct. Shy away from knowledge dumping and potentially losing your prospect by being too wordy and winded. Remember to ask questions that will help you learn more about your prospects goals and needs.
- Lighting and background are also important to note. Would you connect with a real world prospect on Zoom in a t-shirt? Or in a dimly lit room with a laundry pile in the background? This video assessment will be shown to our hiring partners. Pay attention to the details now so that it’s clear you are professional and prepared whether you have sold SaaS before or not. Find a window to help with lighting if you don’t have a ring light. Try to use a solid wall for your backdrop or even a custom Zoom background.
- Don’t read from a script. We want this post to be encouraging as we understand the effort that goes into learning a new topic, recording yourself and wanting to safeguard against making any mistakes. But if you wouldn’t do something in real life, don’t do it here. Reading from a script is not the best way to approach your role play. Instead, focus on being conversational. Make sure to ask qualifying questions. It’s absolutely ok to rehearse your answers or to think them through ahead of time. However, reading a script comes across as very unnatural and even distracting. If you need more time to complete the assessment, upgrade to Pro so you can prepare according to what suits you and your learning style appropriately.
- Be authentic. Many of our hiring partners appreciate the fresh perspective Aspireship candidates bring to their team and the world of SaaS. There’s no need to hold back from adding a little bit of your personality to your video. Smile, breathe, find a way to relate to your prospect.
BONUS TIP: Take advantage of Aspireship Live! While you may not be able to make it to each weekly session, the recordings from current and past sessions are available in the video library.
Here’s what one of our Aspireship grads and Pro member’s had to say about Aspireship Live!:
“I started attending Live! after I finished the course! All I can say is I wish I had started sooner. What an amazing way to dig deeper into some of the hottest sales topics (hello video prospecting), and build a community!” Viktoriia W.
Remember, the best way to learn something is in the actual attempt. If for any reason you do not pass Aspireship on your first attempt, you will be eligible to retake it after 6 months.
Regardless, we know you will experience tremendous growth throughout this process. We’ll be here for you every step of the journey.
Ready to jump back in? Sign into Aspireship here. Still need to sign up, click here.